Wednesday, February 13, 2008

THE KITTEN

I was walking home on a cold Christmas afternoon when I noticed a dumpster right in my path. In it was a chair. "Why would anyone throw this away?" I whispered to myself. Then I noticed a sign on the dumpster. It said GOOD WILL. "I was going to take it home." I said a little too loudly.

I know I wasn't supposed to, but I climbed up, took hold of its arm rests, closed my eyes and pretended I was in a space ship. I was just about to turn on the A4 Regulator when the chair started shaking!

A loud, deep, mellow voice started to speak. "What is your wish?" the voice said.

"Who's there?" I shouted.

"I am the wishing chair. Make a wish." it said once more. I was too scared not to follow the directions so I did just that. I closed my eyes and said my wish in my head over and over. Suddenly, I felt something in my lap. I opened my eyes. It was a box that said, To: Cadence From: Santa

Beside the chair was a bag of cat food, two bowls, a litter box and a scooper. I opened the box and out popped the cutest kitten I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it! My wish came true!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

WOW, are you ever lucky!

The Wishing Chair!

Wish I had one....

Love,

Suzy